Sunday, February 24, 2013

Award Shows

I'm watching the Oscar's right now, and I can't help but wonder how many award shows there are in America. It's a bit ridiculous. Just last week we had the Grammy's, and soon (maybe not? I really don't keep up with award shows. I just watch them when they come on) we have the Tony's. I can understand the Grammy's for music, the Tony's for Broadway, and the Oscar's for film, but think of the amount of award shows there are for music alone. There's one for country music, there are the MTV awards, and countless others.

How are the nominee's and people who win picked? Do people vote? Because I've never heard of anyone voting for these award shows. Are there professional critics? I just don't know.

Wow, a nine year old was nominated for best actress. I guess anything can happen. Don't give up on your dreams!




No comments:

Post a Comment