Sunday, November 4, 2012

End of Quarter Numero Uno

Quarter One is FINALLY over.

image

Many people have warned me about sophomore year and the stress that comes with it, but I never paid it much mind. Walking into it, however, was a completely different story.

The quarter has been extremely stressful, yet I could never pinpoint the actual cause of this stress. I did know, however, that school was definitely a part of it. No matter how hard I tried, I could never organize my schedule. I got home from practice at 6:30 but due to dinner and showering, I wouldn't be able to start my homework until 7:30, that being the earliest.

The end of the quarter was the most stressful. We had two days off due to the hurricane, and I only had three days to bring my grades up. In addition to improving my grades, I also needed to meet several deadlines, such as the Dystopian Trailer.

In addition to that, procrastination is also a problem I have. I tend to procrastinate more than I should, and this also added to the stress. Going into the second quarter, I need to learn how to better manage my time through Ms. Cullen's calendar technique and through to do lists.

I also need to find time to study and revise, as I find myself coming into tests without having had studied due to no time.

All in all, it was quite a quarter that I learned a few lessons from, that I will definitely apply going into second quarter... hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment