Sunday, November 11, 2012

Fallen Leaves



This is my Capture the Fall project. I had much more fun doing this project rather than the 5x5 independent film project since this one was more challenging and involved more creativity. This project gave me a chance to be artsy since it, to me, involved nature. I filmed it with a Canon T3 and I think it came out pretty nice. This is one of the first project/assignment that I haven't procrastinated on in a LONG time. I was actually excited to do this project since photography is a passion of mine, as is video editing. I also got the chance to play around with the video on my T3 which I haven't done much in the past.

The film spots ended up being random places I went throughout the time of the project. Since I take my camera practically everywhere, I was able to take it out whenever I saw an opportunity for a good shot. I filmed outside my house, at my mosque, at my cousins' house, and random places on the road. I had a lot of other shots that I felt were strong but I couldn't include them since they didn't have to do with leaves.

I used a video editor called VideoPad since I heard the YouTube editor was basic and I didn't like my past experience with wevideo. VideoPad was surprisingly user friendly and it gave me good results.

The ending of the project was a bit chaotic. I had started off using a song called New Soul, but then I realized I had to use Creative Commons. I hastily found a song to use and it actually ended up fitting in well with the video.

Overall this was a fun project, and I look forward to future video challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment